PURPOSE: To establish criteria for the use of the Salisbury Free Library Operations Account Visa Debit Card, issued on behalf of the Salisbury Free Library (SFL), for the purpose of conducting SFL business.
SCOPE: The use of the Visa Debit Card is to assist in obtaining supply and service items electronically for the Salisbury Free Library. The use of the Visa Debit Card also makes SFL more accountable by providing detailed purchase histories and other important record keeping and time saving information.
ORDER: Use of the Visa Debit Card:
- The Salisbury Free Library Co-Treasurer who will most often use the card shall apply for the debit card on behalf of the Salisbury Free Library with the Franklin Savings Bank. The debit card shall be used to make transactions online or in person when ordering services or supplies on behalf of the SFL.
- The debit card is to be used to conduct Salisbury Free Library business only and any other use of the debit card to acquire or purchase goods or services for other than official use of the Library is fraudulent use and may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal once the use is reviewed by the Salisbury Free Library Board of Trustees.
- The debit card shall be kept in the custody of the Co-Treasurer who applied for the card. Any request for use of the debit card will be subject to approval of the Co-Treasurer as agent for the Salisbury Free Library Board of Trustees.
The Visa Debit Card shall not be used for the following:
- Personal purchases or identification.
- Cash advances through bank tellers or automated teller machines.
- Personal purchases or expenses with the intention of reimbursing the Library.
Any employee or trustee who uses the debit card for unauthorized purchases will be liable for the total dollar amount of such unauthorized purchase, plus any administrative fees charged by the bank, in connection with the misuse. Said employee or trustee will also be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination or the request to resign.
EFFECTIVE: June 6, 2017