Jackie Weiner Home Delivery Service
Salisbury Free Library’s Home Delivery Program supplies books, movies, audio books, and more to individuals in their homes that are unable to get to the library themselves typically due to an ongoing physical condition, illness, age, lack of driver’s license, or other qualifying condition. This program was started after Jackie Weiner, a Salisbury resident, became ill, and she and her family were no longer able to get to the library on a regular basis. She passed away February 12, 2019.
Who is Eligible?
Any resident of Salisbury, NH with an ongoing condition that prevents the person from coming to the library is eligible. Due to resources and demand the individual must reside within town limits.
Is there a cost?
No! This service is absolutely free to patrons. The only charges that may be assessed would be for lost or damaged materials.
How it works:
Deliveries are made on (typically) a monthly basis by a volunteer driver or library staff.
- You tell us what type of books and/or other materials you want
- We select the books and other library items for you according to your criteria
- We deliver books and other materials to you by volunteer or staff typically on a monthly basis
- There may be variations or delays in delivery time based on availability of staff and volunteers
- Our volunteer/staff will pick up and return your library materials when they bring the next delivery
- You can also reserve or request specific books/materials. This can be done online through the catalog or by calling the library at 603-648-2278.
What can you borrow?
- Books, including best sellers and large print books
- Audiobooks and magazines
- Jigsaw puzzles