PASSES AVAILABLE THANKS TO THE FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY!
- Mount Kearsarge Indian Museum: Mt. Kearsarge pass admits a group of up to four people or a family of adults and their children any day except special events. For more info on the museum, go to www.indianmuseum.org.
- The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens: The Fells pass is for a single day and admits two adults and accompanying children under the age of 18 to The Fells Main House and grounds. It is not valid for programs or events which include a fee.
- NH State Parks: The pass grants admission for two adults and four children to any day-use park at no additional charge. Not valid at the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway, the Flume Gorge, Hampton Beach State Park – South Beach, Wallis Sands State Park, or metered parking. The pass may not be used for camping fees.
Fun things to borrow:
- Browse, borrow, and enjoy titles from the New Hampshire State Library digital collection at https://nh.overdrive.com/ or try Libby, Overdrive’s new app for enjoying ebooks and audiobooks! This is a free service to library cardholders – log in with your patron barcode. Keep up with the latest purchases on the NH Downloadable Books blog.
- The Kindle is preloaded with e-books read for you to read. Call for more information or check it out the next time you are in.
- A telescope
Programs and events:
- Jackie Weiner Home Delivery Service! Salisbury Free Library now has a home delivery service! Any resident of Salisbury, NH with an ongoing condition that prevents the person from coming to the library is eligible. This service is absolutely free to patrons of the library. The only charges will be for lost or damaged materials. Deliveries will be made on a monthly basis by a volunteer driver. Patrons participating in this program can borrow books, audio books, magazines, DVDs, and jigsaw puzzles. You can obtain an application to participate in this new program or to volunteer by stopping into the library or by visiting the Home Delivery page of our website!
- The Library is also always accepting donations of books and movies.
- Storytime is on Mondays at 10:30 am.
- Salisbury Free Library’s Summer Reading Program: A Universe of Stories was a wonderful success thanks to everyone that participated! 60 young patrons participated reading 477 books – 302 read by parents out loud – 175 books read by independent readers totaling 23,545 pages consumed. Thanks to Rattlebox Duo and their musical ensemble. Thanks to the KBA grant for giving us the opportunity to have a special celebration for our readers and really cap off our Summer Reading Program this year. Happy Reading Everyone!
Library Bags! $10 each, to benefit the library! We only have five left in green!
What will our next color be?