Great News! On June 25, 2022 in addition to our scheduled treats and coffee there will be cookies made by Salisbury local resident Judy Elliot. She is well known for her delicious and delectable ginger snaps. So remember to stop in on Saturday 10 am to 3 pm for SFLNH Cafe Library. 641 Old Turnpike Road, 03268.
SEEKING: Cardboard boxes that are small/medium (wouldn’t be too heavy if filled with books). Please drop off at the library.
The Library has copies of the 2021 Town Report – come by and pick yours up! We have many new Adult Books for the month of June that have come in, check them out.
PUBLIC NOTICE: The next Trustee’s Meeting is Tuesday, July 5th, 2022 at 6:30 pm at the library. If you would like to join remotely over Zoom, please notify the library at least 24 hours in advance.
The Library OPEN to the public. Our hours are 10-3 Monday (CHANGING TO WEDNESDAYS INSTEAD, FROM 1-6PM, BEGINING MAY 2022), 1-7 Tuesday, 1-7 Thursday, and 10-3 Saturday.
Masks are recommended inside the library – including those vaccinated, but not including children under 5 or those with medical conditions with which wearing a mask is not recommended.
- If you do not have a mask with you, we can provide one.
- Hand sanitizer is available on the table near the door and at the circulation desk.
- Please do not visit if you are sick. If you have a cough, cold, sore throat, muscle aches, or fever, please do not enter the building.
Pickup and delivery remain available!
State Parks Passes for 2022 are now available!
Please call or email the library with which day you would like to use the pass, and we can email you a copy or print it for you for pickup.
One pass is valid for use daily by one patron and can be used at any day-use parks. Duplicate use in the same day will not be permitted as the pass is validated upon entrance into the park.
It is not valid for the Tram, Flume, Hampton Beach State Park – South Beach, and Wallis Sands. Further it is not valid for camping or use at the metered parking.
NH State Parks is now using a reservation system at most day-use locations during the main operating season. Visitors with pre-paid access to NH State Parks are encouraged to make online reservations as well. If patrons do not reserve ahead of their arrival, the library pass does not guarantee entrance into the park. When making a reservation you can indicate that you are a pass/parks plate holder on your order details page and you will not be charged the day-use/parking fee. However there will still be a $1 transaction fee for using the online reservation system. Please visit https://www.nhstateparks.org/planning/day-use-reservations for full info.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten: We are starting our own version of the “1000 Books Before Kindergarten” program for our youngest patrons! Any child ages 0-5 who has not yet started Kindergarten can participate, and all books read with/to the participating child counts (even if it’s the 100th reading). The goal is simply to read 1000 books before the child enters Kindergarten. This program aims to promote early literacy and to introduce our youngest patrons to all that the library has to offer.
How do I place holds on items?
Log into https://salisbury.bywatersolutions.com/ with your 14-digit library card number and last four digits of your phone number. If you have difficulty logging in, or accessing the internet, feel free to call us at (603) 648-2278 to place a hold over the phone. Please let us know via phone or email if you have placed holds on available items via the online catalog.
Please contact us if you don’t yet have a library card and we can get you signed up:
- NH Downloadable E-books and Audiobooks, available at http://nh.overdrive.com or through the Libby app.
- hoopla digital is now available for patrons to check out up to 5 items per month – sign up with your 14 digit library card number. Borrow digital books, audiobooks, music, movies, and TV. https://www.hoopladigital.com/
- Ancestry Library Edition is available to our patrons – there is a link in our online catalog that can be accessed after logging in. Ancestry brings the world’s most popular consumer online genealogy resource to your library. Unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more. Heritage Quest is also available us, contact us for log in info.
Wi-Fi is available free in our parking lot, no password required.
For assistance with reference, card sign ups, or downloadables, call us at 648-2278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.