The Library is now OPEN to the public. Our hours are 10-3 Monday, 1-7 Tuesday, 1-7 Thursday, and 10-3 Saturday.
Please keep the following in mind to reduce risk of COVID transmission.
- Please keep your visits short – there is a time limit of 1 hour per visit.
- Please wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizer is available on the table near the door and at the circulation desk.
- Please do not visit if you are sick. If you have a cough, cold, sore throat, muscle aches, or fever, please do not enter the building.
Pickup and delivery remain available!
State Parks Passes for 2021 are now available!
Please call or email the library with which day you would like to use the pass, and we can email you a copy or print it for you for pickup.
One pass is valid for use daily by one patron and can be used at any day-use parks. Duplicate use in the same day will not be permitted as the pass is validated upon entrance into the park.
It is not valid for the Tram, Flume, Hampton Beach State Park – South Beach, and Wallis Sands. Further it is not valid for camping or use at the metered parking.
NH State Parks is now using a reservation system at most day-use locations during the main operating season. Visitors with pre-paid access to NH State Parks are encouraged to make online reservations as well. If patrons do not reserve ahead of their arrival, the library pass does not guarantee entrance into the park. When making a reservation you can indicate that you are a pass/parks plate holder on your order details page and you will not be charged the day-use/parking fee. However there will still be a $1 transaction fee for using the online reservation system. Please visit https://www.nhstateparks.org/planning/day-use-reservations for full info.
2020 Town Reports are available for pickup.
Trustee meetings are held monthly, typically the first Tuesday of every month, at 6:30 pm at the library. It is expected that future meetings will be held in person with an option for remote connection via Zoom. Our next Trustees meeting will be Tuesdays, July 6, at 6:30 pm at the library.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86491439493
Meeting ID: 864 9143 9493
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,86491439493# US (Washington D.C)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
1000 Books Before Kindergarten: We are starting our own version of the “1000 Books Before Kindergarten” program for our youngest patrons! Any child ages 0-5 who has not yet started Kindergarten can participate, and all books read with/to the participating child counts (even if it’s the 100th reading). The goal is simply to read 1000 books before the child enters Kindergarten. This program aims to promote early literacy and to introduce our youngest patrons to all that the library has to offer.
Storytime is held live on Facebook Monday mornings at 10:30 am.
Pickup and delivery
The library is open once again, but pickup and delivery remain available for anyone who prefers that option! Here’s how it works:
How to request materials for pickup
- Email or call the library with your request. If you’re not sure what you want, we’re happy to work with you to pick items out. Additionally you can log into your library account and place holds online.
- We will contact you when they are ready to schedule a pickup. We will place them outside in a plastic bag labeled with your first name 5 minutes before your expected arrival. Items will already be checked out to you – so feel free to take your bag and go!
- During good weather, your items will be placed on top of the bin in the walkway for one less thing that needs to be touched; if it’s rainy, your items will be in the bin.
- If you are unable to come to the library, we can deliver books to you. If you do not have an overhang or protected place to leave books, deliveries will only be made in good weather. Deliveries will also be no contact at an arranged time – we’ll leave the books on your doorstep and beep to let you know they’re there for you.
How do I place holds on items?
Log into https://salisbury.bywatersolutions.com/ with your 14-digit library card number and last four digits of your phone number. If you have difficulty logging in, or accessing the internet, feel free to call us at (603) 648-2278 to place a hold over the phone. Please let us know via phone or email if you have placed holds on available items via the online catalog.
I don’t have a library card! Can I use this service?
Yes! Give us a call or email and we can register for you a library card remotely. We will need your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Please contact us if you don’t yet have a library card and we can get you signed up:
- NH Downloadable E-books and Audiobooks, available at http://nh.overdrive.com or through the Libby app.
- hoopla digital is now available for patrons to check out up to 5 items per month – sign up with your 14 digit library card number. Borrow digital books, audiobooks, music, movies, and TV. https://www.hoopladigital.com/
- Ancestry Library Edition is available to our patrons – there is a link in our online catalog that can be accessed after logging in. Ancestry brings the world’s most popular consumer online genealogy resource to your library. Unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more. Heritage Quest is also available us, contact us for log in info.
Wi-Fi is available free in our parking lot, no password required.
For assistance with reference, card sign ups, or downloadables, call us at 648-2278 or email email@example.com.