Hours for pick up and delivery – Mon 11-4, Tues 1-7, Thur. 11-4, and Sat. 10-3. Give us a call or email – we are happy to work with you to pick out your items and have contactless pickup. If transportation is an issue, we offer delivery.
Interlibrary loan service is BACK and we can get you books from other libraries again! Please allow an extra week for delivery as there are quarantine procedures in place to make sure materials are handled safely.
Book drop is now open 24/7 – time to get those books back! Notices are being turned back on – please don’t panic if your books appear as super overdue, we don’t charge fines.
Storytime is held live on Facebook Monday mornings at 10:30 am.
The library building is remaining closed to the public at this time.
How to request materials for pickup
- Email or call the library with your request. If you’re not sure what you want, we’re happy to work with you to pick items out. Additionally you can log into your library account and place holds online.
- We will contact you when they are ready to schedule a pickup. We will place them outside in a plastic bag labeled with your first name 5 minutes before your expected arrival. Items will already be checked out to you – so feel free to take your bag and go! This is a no-contact service, meaning that staff will not be outdoors.
- During good weather, your items will be placed on top of the bin in the walkway for one less thing that needs to be touched; if it’s rainy, your items will be in the bin.
- If you are unable to come to the library, we can deliver books to you. If you do not have an overhang or protected place to leave books, deliveries will only be made in good weather. Deliveries will also be no contact at an arranged time – we’ll leave the books on your doorstep and beep to let you know they’re there for you.
How can I find out if my holds are ready?
We ask that you wait until the library has contacted you to let you know your items are ready. At that time, you may schedule a pickup.
How do I place holds on items?
Log into https://salisbury.bywatersolutions.com/ with your 14-digit library card number and last four digits of your phone number. If you have difficulty logging in, or accessing the internet, feel free to call us at (603) 648-2278 to place a hold over the phone.
I don’t have a library card! Can I use this service?
Yes! Give us a call or email and we can register for you a library card remotely. We will need your name, address, phone number, and email address.
What safety precautions is the library taking?
- Staff will use gloves while or wash their hands before handling your items to reduce possible transmission risk.
- The pickup box will be wiped down with disinfectant between pickups.
- Items returned are quarantined for 78 hours before handling.
- We’re stocking up on hand sanitizer, disinfectant, and other necessary supplies for when we reopen further.
- All library services will be operated with the minimum number of library staff, to avoid opportunities for contact.
How long will you offer this service?
Until further notice. Since our service levels are determined based on a number of public health factors, we do not know when our services, or our hours, will change.
Rest assured that library staff and trustees are working on plans for the next phase of reopening, and we look forward to serving you further in the future!
STATE PARK PASS INFO
Yes, we can still get State Parks passes to you.
For patrons who wish to visit at park using a library pass while we are closed due to the COVID-19 virus:
- Contact us to reserve the pass.
- We’ll reserve the pass on the system and email it to you.
- Then you can print one pass that will be collected at the park upon entrance. Duplicate passes may be confiscated and the library contacted regarding misuse.
It is also recommended that you may wish to reserve a spot. They are setting aside a limited number of parking spaces for pre-paid and discounted access based upon historical use, but are operating at limited capacity, and library passes are more of a coupon for entrance than an actual reservation. If patrons do not reserve ahead of their arrival, the library pass does not guarantee entrance into the park. To reserve a parking spot “day pass” you have to create an account and pay the fees, then request a refund to your card.
For the most up to date information on NH State Parks and their response to the COVID-19 crisis, please visit https://www.nhstateparks.org/covid-19.
Please contact us if you don’t yet have a library card and we can get you signed up:
- NH Downloadable E-books and Audiobooks, available at http://nh.overdrive.com or through the Libby app.
- hoopla digital is now available for patrons to check out up to 5 items per month – sign up with your 14 digit library card number. Borrow digital books, audiobooks, music, movies, and TV. https://www.hoopladigital.com/
- Ancestry Library Edition is available to our patrons – there is a link in our online catalog that can be accessed after logging in. Ancestry brings the world’s most popular consumer online genealogy resource to your library. Unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more. Heritage Quest is also available us, contact us for log in info.
Wi-Fi is available free in our parking lot, no password required.
For assistance with reference, card sign ups, or downloadables, call us at 648-2278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.